Welcome to le
Bath Boules: thrusting le fun into fundraising since – god knows, actuellement…
We look forward to welcoming you to the Bath Boules 23-25 July! Gates open at 9am on each day, pleas etake note of the following COVID-19 guidance which will be adhered to for the duration of the event.
Bath Boules 2021 COVID-19 guidance
We would like to reassure everyone that we remain are very mindful of our duty of care to all attendees, participants and those working at the Bath Boules 2021
- We want attendees at the Boules to be safe and feel reassured by the sensible approach which will be taken at the event
- There is much space in Queen Square and we ask attendees to respect each other’s approach. And to use your common sense
- We want everyone to have fun and celebrate coming together once more: the Bath Reunion – and in safe way
- There will be multiple hand sanitising stations throughout the site, please remember to continually keep your hands clean throughout the day (there are handwashing facilities in the toilets as well).
- Facemasks are not obligatory but we do advise wearing them when ordering food and drink as well as when using the toilets. All event, bar and catering staff will be wearing masks.
- When playing games, as a courtesy, you may wish to ask the teams which you are playing whether you would wish all players to wear masks or not. Please respect their decision either way.
- Attendance into Queen Square will be controlled to allow ample social distancing space, again, please be respectful of fellow attendees.
- Communal areas are being cleaned regularly throughout the day including the toilets
- All queuing should be socially distanced
- All caterers are adhering to hospitality government guidelines
- There are plenty of seating areas which are regularly cleaned
- Bringing your own food and drink to the event is not permitted
- The whole event is CASHLESS so please bring card payment for use at food stands and the bar
- If you are experiencing Covid symptoms, or in the last 2 weeks have been in contact with anyone with Covid symptoms, we politely request that you don’t attend. You should get a PCR test and follow the UK Gov’s stay at home guidance.
- All attendees are encouraged to take a lateral flow test before arriving at the Bath Boules, and register the result with HM Gov.
As a general point – please be respectful and kind to all event attendees. Racist, sexist or derogatory comments of any sort will not be tolerated.
Taking place in the heart of Bath each year, the much-loved and longstanding Bath Boules tournament weekend is all about having fun whilst fundraising, plus a bit of a French twist to really set the scene! It is Headline Sponsored by Brewin Dolphin.
The Boules has contributed over £650,000 to local charities in its first 29 years. And now in our 30th year we’re asking all the wonderful Bath people and generous companies reading this (that’s you, btw) to dig deep and contribute what you can.
(And even more, if you absolutely insist.)
All proceeds raised from it are distributed via the Bath Boules Trust to local charities.
2020 would have been the 30th Anniversary of the Bath Boules live event, but due to the pesky pandemic we couldn't go ahead as panned, but we are very excited to be back for 2021!
It began with a mini contest of the traditional French game of boules between businesses in and around Queen Square. A lot of boules was played, and a lot of Ricard was consumed! It became an annual occasion and with more and more teams getting involved, it was decided to make the gathering raise money for local charities.
Fast-forward to today and the event has grown from a one-day, into a two-day, now a three-day tournament with 64 teams competing on each day, a closed-road street food market surrounding the Square and loads to do for friends, families and passers-by.
We hope lots of you can join us to support this legendary cause for the city, even in its virtual form.
Bath Boules is organised et promoted by MediaClash.
Don't know how to play Boules? Find out here!